Tick:Tock Cosmetics Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

Another part of my Utopista prize. I think I first heard of Tick:Tock Cosmetics through a facebook group I'm in. I looked through the site but being in a state of no to low-buy prevented me from trying anything out.

IMG_5242

My first thought when I saw the samples was that the stickers on them are so so tiny, only about 1/2 inch across in diameter. I didn't think you could make stickers with such small print. The sticker has the name of the company, the eyeshadow shade in addition to really really tiny text saying that the list of ingredients can be found on their site and the url to the site. I would rather they make larger stickers because it's a pain in the ass to read the tiny font.

They measure out .5 gram for samples which retail for .70 cents and come in a baggie like pictured above. The full size jars retail for $4.95 and have approximately 1.5 grams of product but these are filled by volume up to the top of the threading of the jar, not weight. This information isn't listed on the site and was answered on their facebook.

I think their store website is laid out quite well. There are individual listings for full sizes and sample sizes and the eyeshadows are organized in a gradient rainbow style. They also favor a comprehensive swatching style, showing off the eyeshadow over bare skin, primer, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil or their Infinity Base, and over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.

These swatches are fingerswiped over ELF Mineral Eye Primer.

From left to right: Cuckoo, Digital, and Metronome

Daylight picture.

IMG_5249

Direct sunlight picture. This is the most accurate picture of Cuckoo, the other pictures I took didn't show off the robin's egg blue hue of it.

IMG_5248

Cuckoo: It's described as a medium teal with with light blue and purple shimmer but I think it's more of a Robin's Egg Blue/Tiffany's blue. It was sheer when swiped on but performed better.

Digital: It's a shimmery black with a slight blue shimmer. A pretty basic eyeshadow, it wasn't sheer and patted on well.

Metronome: It's described as a shimmery white with holographic glitter but I didn't see the holographic glitter at all, not even in the sunlight. To me, it's just a shimmery white that built up to medium opacity on the lid.

I was pleasantly surprised by the brand. They don't have that many eyeshadow colors out and the colors they do have aren't all that unique but they're done well. I definitely would like to see them work on adhesion so I don't have to rely on a sticky base or primer for the best performance. The brand actually makes and sells their own black and white eyeshadow bases. If they make more unique colors, I think I'll try more of them out.

2 comments

  1. This is a new company to me, haven't heard of them before! Colors look pretty, but I'm probably not gonna check them out any time soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The company said they're coming out with more unique colors (colors with a nice different shift) but I think I'll hold off until other bloggers try them out!

    Also, I hope you don't encounter any more problems with commenting! I know you were having problems and you and Anna were the main reasons why I decided to get rid of Disqus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love reading every single comment and try to respond to each! Please do not leave your blog link or url in your comment. If you'd like me to check out your blog or if you have a question for me, feel free to contact me via my Contact Me tab.